Whether you’re a gear-head who was in the AV Club, grew up as a tech, or only learned the business in recent years, if you’re a superstar, we want to talk with you! What you know, and how you treat our clients and our team is what matters most. Your proven track record of outstanding technical skill and experience will continue to grow with AV Chicago/Edge ShowTek. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that continues to outpace industry growth. Please send us your resume, and we’ll explore the potential of you fitting in with the band.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
AV Chicago/Edge ShowTek is a full-service production, rental, and staging company. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager. This is a salaried position which may involve evening and weekend work as projects dictate. The ideal candidate for this role is experienced in audiovisual project management, or an experienced audio/video engineer who feels confident enough to manage numerous events simultaneously, interact with clients, and provide technical and creative support to AVC/Edge’s sales team. The Project Manager position is very social and involves constant communication with producers, clients, venues, contract employees, and vendors.
- 5+ years experience in AV events industry
- Excellent technical aptitude and understanding of industry technologies and trends
- Proficient in audio, video, lighting, rigging and set design
- Very strong organization skills
- Excellent communication and client interaction abilities
- Business attire
- Drafting capabilities (especially Vectorworks) are recommended
- 3D rendering capabilities (i.e. 3ds Max) are recommended
- Providing technical support and design to sales team during quoting process
- Creating room layouts and diagrams
- Contacting prospective venues to determine rules and requirements for outside vendors
- Maintaining well-organized folders of information about various jobs
- Assisting sales staff to keep projects on budget
- Identifying potential problems in event plans and recommending solutions
- Scouting venues
- Using project management software (Podio) to maintain information about events
- Developing production schedules
- Assisting operations staff to schedule personnel
Why Join AV Chicago?
AV Chicago recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are Chicago’s top event production company for meetings and events. We have the most knowledgeable, passionate, and performance excellence employees in our business. Our Company offers our employees a selection of robust benefits. We aspire to find the best employees in the Audio Visual industry – individuals with integrity and enthusiasm for performance excellence.
Our Competitive Compensation Package Includes:
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Transit Program
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance