Whether you’re a gear-head who was in the AV Club, grew up as a tech, or only learned the business in recent years, if you’re a superstar, we want to talk with you! What you know, and how you treat our clients and our team is what matters most. Your proven track record of outstanding technical skill and experience will continue to grow with AV Chicago/Edge ShowTek. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that continues to outpace industry growth. Please send us your resume, and we’ll explore the potential of you fitting in with the band.
AV Chicago/Edge ShowTek is a full-service production, rental, and staging company. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager. This is a salaried position which may involve evening and weekend work as projects dictate.
The ideal candidate for this role is experienced in audiovisual project management, or an experienced audio/video engineer who feels confident enough to manage numerous events simultaneously, interact with clients, and provide technical and creative support to AVC/Edge’s sales team. The Project Manager position is very social and involves constant communication with producers, clients, venues, contract employees, and vendors.
- 5+ years experience in AV events industry
- Excellent technical aptitude and understanding of industry technologies and trends
- Proficient in audio, video, lighting, rigging and set design
- Very strong organization skills
- Excellent communication and client interaction abilities
- Business attire
- Drafting capabilities (especially Vectorworks) are recommended
- 3D rendering capabilities (i.e. 3ds Max) are recommended
- Providing technical support and design to sales team during quoting process
- Creating room layouts and diagrams
- Contacting prospective venues to determine rules and requirements for outside vendors
- Maintaining well-organized folders of information about various jobs
- Assisting sales staff to keep projects on budget
- Identifying potential problems in event plans and recommending solutions
- Scouting venues
- Using project management software (Podio) to maintain information about events
- Developing production schedules
- Assisting operations staff to schedule personnel
AV Chicago/Edge ShowTek is a full-service production, rental, and staging company. We are seeking an experienced video engineer for a Video Lead position. This position is based in Chicago, Illinois, but can involve travel across the United States. It offers opportunities to work with LED video displays projectors, and multi-output switching devices.
- 5+ years audiovisual experience with an emphasis on video engineering
- Experience working on corporate events
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Video Technician – Providing management-level support to the AV Chicago/Edge video department, including:
- Acting as a video designer and support specialist
- Day-to-day management of video department inventory
- Research and evaluation of new products and technologies
- Suggesting new products for the AVC/Edge inventory
- Mentoring and training other in-house staff on video equipment
- Leading an on-site crew or working under direction
- Overseeing video department organization
- Consulting warehouse staff on handling, storage, and quality control of video equipment
- Project Review – Reviewing and modifying project details prior to an event, including equipment, labor, and logistical information
- Client Facing – Interacting with clients on-site and in advance of events
- Working with clients to develop event schedules, setup plans, and show scripts
- Equipment Operation – Neat, accurate, and efficient setup and operation of all AVC/Edge equipment
- Warehouse – Assisting in in the prep and return of equipment
- Working on warehouse projects including equipment maintenance and counting inventory
AV Chicago/Edge ShowTek is a full-service production, rental, and staging company. We are seeking an experienced warehouse manager. This position is based in Chicago, Illinois, offers opportunities to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- 5+ years experience managing a warehouse
- 5+ years experience in the audio, video, lighting, and staging industry
Position-Specific Responsibilities include:
Being able to quickly learn, master, and proactively execute the many work activities required in our business. These include but are not limited to:
- Warehouse Lead – Provide management level support to the AVC warehouse department. Provide weekly reports to management on overall warehouse operations.
- Labor Forecasting – Work with Operations Director to keep a “long view” perspective on upcoming order volume and productions, and insure proper warehouse staffing levels at all times based on workload. This includes the creation of a weekly schedule for subordinate warehouse workers and contractors.
- Planning – Participation in and completion of weekly, monthly, and annual strategy for overall cleaning, organizing, equipment repair, inventory preparation and execution, staffing, etc.
- Process Creation/Improvement – Consistently working towards streamlining warehouse processes, and organizational improvements for equipment handling, storage, and workflows.
- Leading by example – Keep your crew motivated, and working together in a productive and efficient manner.
- Task Delegation – Keep abreast of orders, productions, and projects as they are confirmed/reserved, and delegate tasks to ensure successful fulfillment. Follow up with staff on assigned tasks to insure completion in accordance with AVC standards.
- Communications – Participate in communicating warehouse information, and responding to communications regarding equipment, and warehouse processes to AVC management and staff. Timely review of all production closeout reports.
- Organization – Oversee warehouse organization and consult with department leads and operations staff on the handling, storage, and quality control of all AVC equipment.
- Training – Mentoring and training new, or less experienced staff and contractors on AVC warehouse processes for proper equipment quality control, and preparation.
- Vehicle loading and unloading – Work with Labor and Logistics coordinator to ensure show orders are loaded, and unloaded when necessary. Assist techs with show loading and unloading whenever possible.