Whether you’re a gear-head who was in the AV Club, grew up as a tech, or only learned the business in recent years, if you’re a superstar, we want to talk with you! What you know, and how you treat our clients and our team is what matters most. Your proven track record of outstanding technical skill and experience will continue to grow with AV Chicago. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that continues to outpace industry growth. Please send us your resume, and we’ll explore the potential of you fitting in with the band.
Audio Lead Tech (A1)
- Setting up and operating audio systems at events
- Managing audio department inventory
- Staying abreast of current developments in audio technology
- Researching new audio technology and making informed purchasing decisions
- Supervising and training other audio technicians
- Collaborating with account reps to design audio systems for events
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of current audio technologies including digital audio consoles
- Experience in a corporate event environment
- Ability to supervise a team of technicians at an event
- Ability to communicate with clients and the provide a high level of customer service
- Flexibility to work an ever-changing schedule of nights, mornings, and weekends (including occasional out-of-town travel)
Inside sales account representative
- Designing audio, video, and lighting systems based on client’s needs.
- Creating and submitting complete and accurate proposals to clients.
- Maintaining direct contact with customers from proposal through completion of the event.
- Developing and maintaining communications with existing and potential customers.
- Maintaining an understanding the ever-evolving capabilities of AV Chicago, it’s inventory, and pricing in addition to industry trends.
- 3+ years of experience in live event technology.
- Field experience with portable audio, video, and lighting equipment for live events.
- An understanding of system design, signal flow, integration and interconnectivity.
- Knowledge of best practices for live event setup and operation.
- A client first, customer service attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong, self-motivated work ethic.